Wardrobe Organizing Hacks: Decluttering with Style
Your wardrobe is one of the most important spaces in your home. It’s where you keep your clothes, accessories, and shoes, and it’s where you get ready for the day. But if your wardrobe is cluttered and disorganized, it can be difficult to find what you need and you may end up wearing the same things over and over again.
This article will share three easy ways to declutter your wardrobe and give you some tips on how to style a capsule wardrobe.
3 Easy Ways to Declutter Your Wardrobe
- Go through your clothes and get rid of anything you don’t wear. This is the most important step in decluttering your wardrobe. Take everything out of your closet and drawers and go through each item one by one. Ask yourself if you’ve worn it in the past year, and if not, donate it or sell it.
- Organize your clothes by type. Once you’ve decluttered your wardrobe, it’s time to organize it. Group your clothes by type, such as tops, bottoms, dresses, skirts, and outerwear. You can also organize your clothes by color or occasion.
- Create a capsule wardrobe. A capsule wardrobe is a collection of essential pieces that you can mix and match to create different outfits. Capsule wardrobes are typically small and curated, so they’re easy to maintain and stylish.
The Benefits of a Organized Wardrobe
There are many benefits to having an organized wardrobe. Here are a few:
- You’ll be able to find what you need more easily.
- You’ll be less likely to buy clothes you don’t need.
- You’ll be more confident in your appearance.
- You’ll save time getting dressed in the morning.
How to Style a Capsule Wardrobe
A capsule wardrobe is a great way to simplify your life and create a more stylish look. Here are a few tips on how to style a capsule wardrobe:
Organizing your wardrobe starts with decluttering Set aside some time and sort your wardrobe into these categories keep chuck and sellgiveaway says Jenny Shu Interiors Expert atManage your time Decide if you have enough time to go through one section more than one or your entire closet today That choice is up to you but Miyasaki recommends taking on only what you can do not what you hope to do Go through your things quickly Go through each piece separately and ask Have I worn this in the past year1 IKEA SKUBB organizers 2 Good quality hangers 3 The Marie Kondo 39sparking joy line39 4 Regular decluttering 5 Clothes hanger connector hooks 6 A clothes rail 7 Storing away seasonal items By Millie Hurst last updated March 06 2023If you have a bedroom with no closet the above organizers can
double as awesome closet hacks Even if your room doesnt have a designated space for clothes that doesnt mean you cant install a wallmounted system or hanging racks Add curtains to create separation between spaces DIY Hack Looking forThe easiest way to organize your clothes is to remove everything from the closet including hangers baskets bins and anything else on the floor or shelves The Spruce Michelle Becker Clean Every Corner You need a clear clean space to plan and visualize how you will reorganize your closet First dust the shelving and hanging rodsRemove clothes that wash you out 8 Keep it if it holds sentimental value 9 Be realistic about what you can fix or adjust 10 Dont be hasty when dealing with nontrendy pieces Closets are the area of our homes that need the most frequent
clearouts and they are often seen as the most stressful spots to tackle Luckily professional 16 Start by decluttering a single drawer 39Don39t try to declutter your whole house in a week you39ll exhaust and overwhelm yourself39 advises Kate Ibbotson of A Tidy Mind 39Declutter in bitesize chunks of between 30 minutes and a couple of hours Focus on contained spaces such as a drawer cupboard or shelfUse Matching Hangers Using matching hangers in each section of your wardrobe not only make your wardrobe look more orderly and organised but they actually help to create more space too Mismatched hangers in all sorts of shapes will not sit nicely together and will mean that fewer hangers will fit onto the same rail space
- Choose a neutral color palette. This will make it easy to mix and match your clothes.
- Focus on quality over quantity. Choose pieces that are well-made and will last.
- Invest in versatile pieces that can be worn in multiple ways.
- Keep your capsule wardrobe updated with seasonal pieces.
Decluttering your wardrobe and creating a capsule wardrobe can be a great way to simplify your life and look more stylish. By following these tips, you can create a wardrobe that you love and that makes getting dressed in the morning a breeze.