Mix and Match Textures: Elevating Your Garderobi Game
Texture is one of the most important elements of a stylish outfit. It can add depth, interest, and personality to your look. When you mix and match different textures, you create visual interest and create a more dynamic look.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to mix and match textures to elevate your look. We’ll cover the basics of texture, the art of layering textures, and six easy ways to mix and match textures in your wardrobe.
The Art of Layering Textures for a Chic Finish
When you layer textures, you create a more interesting and visually appealing look. The key is to choose textures that complement each other and that create a cohesive overall look.
Here are a few tips for layering textures:
- Start with a base layer of smooth, solid fabric. This will provide a foundation for your outfit and help to anchor the other textures.
- Add a layer of textured fabric in a contrasting color or pattern. This will add visual interest and create a more dynamic look.
- Layer a third layer of textured fabric, such as a cardigan or jacket. This will help to complete the look and keep you warm.
6 Easy Ways to Mix and Match Textures in Your Wardrobe
- Mix smooth and rough textures. A silk blouse paired with a pair of denim jeans is a classic example of this combination. The smooth texture of the silk contrasts with the rough texture of the denim, creating a visually appealing look.
- Mix light and dark textures. A light-colored sweater paired with a pair of dark-wash jeans is another great way to mix textures. The contrast between the light and dark colors creates a striking look.
- Mix soft and hard textures. A cashmere sweater paired with a leather jacket is a perfect example of this combination. The soft texture of the cashmere contrasts with the hard texture of the leather, creating a sophisticated look.
- Mix natural and synthetic textures. A cotton dress paired with a faux fur coat is a great way to mix natural and synthetic textures. The natural texture of the cotton contrasts with the synthetic texture of the faux fur, creating a modern look.
- Mix structured and unstructured textures. A tailored suit paired with a pair of slouchy boots is a great way to mix structured and unstructured textures. The structured lines of the suit contrast with the relaxed shape of the boots, creating a stylish look.
- Mix unexpected textures. A silk skirt paired with a tweed blazer is a great way to mix unexpected textures. The smooth texture of the silk contrasts with the rough texture of the tweed, creating a unique and eye-catching look.
Corduroy is the perfect textile for adding a subtle texture into your wardrobe You can easily pair a variety of pieces with corduroy The most popular color for corduroy fabric is light brown however corduroy comes in a rainbow of shades from black to purple and green How to style Wear corduroy overalls for an indie vibeA few tips to keep in mind before your plunge into monochromatic looks Begin by selecting a shade which complements your skin tone and hair color Your goal is to look as if that you shine not wash out The other important thing to remember is to mix textures to keep your outfit that is monochromatic from appearing flat and onedimensionalTo achieve this stunning snowflake nail art start with a white base This creates the perfect canvas for your artwork allowing the snowflakes
to truly shine Continue reading these designs A Most importantly the tones need to be similar for it to work and apply the two out of three rule 2 patterns with one block colour to bring a sense of harmony and peace to the outfit And think outside of the box The second pattern can come from a top bottom scarf earring necklace sneaker shoe or handbagDo a Test Run First Remember that you can always conduct a small trial before committing to specific combinations of textures and patterns within your space Williamson advises first deciding upon your color palette and then sourcing patterns in the same or complementary tonal rangesYes mix and match textures Dont be afraid to mix and match textures to add depth and interest to your outfit Just because your signature look is a cotton trench coat
doesnt mean that your whole wardrobe has to be cotton You can pair a cotton trench coat with leather pants or a fitted turtleneck with a flowy linen maxi skirt for a 628 likes 18 comments studmodelproject on October 22 2023 quot The quotMixMatchedquot Photoshoot A Lesson in Style Take a peek behind the scenes of our M Mix and match Consider the room39s purpose Use textiles Remember the walls Layer layer layer Conclusion The use of texture in interior design So what exactly is texture in interior design Simply put it refers to an object39s surface quality or feel Textures are broadly classified into two categories tactile and visual
Mixing and matching textures is a great way to elevate your look and create a more stylish wardrobe. By following the tips in this article, you can create visually appealing looks that are sure to turn heads.